FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:40 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
when asked if it was housed in its box to protect from light - Kumal(?), the 'sommelier'
Kamal Malik. Apparently they've all been to France but what do I know since I don't drink.

Originally Posted by JHIN
I had a 3 night stay booked with HHonors points for later this week and had to email them to cancel. Called HHonors agent who said to contact the hotel directly. When calling the hotel they said there's a cancellation fee? But to email them. I have a bad winter respiratory cold and cannot fly at this time.

What should I expect? Thx.
Strange. I thought points booking were non-cancellable 30 days or less prior to check-in. And I'm surprised that there are cancellation fees since it's a points booking.

Originally Posted by koroleon
Thank you everyone for the information you have added to this thread. We will be visiting for the first time at the end of the month and I feel like all the details are covered. I do have a couple of questions/comments though
What dates are you there? If you are there early Feb and want to meet up at Vilu then let us know. There are already 2 FT'ers going (see talk about this a few pages back).

Originally Posted by koroleon
1) I got an email from them about the seaplane transfer with prices and everything (no surprise there). They are asking us to send our arrival flights and also a photocopy of our passports. I'm really not comfortable about the latter - what guarantees do they make about protecting our data? Is there any way around it?

2) Just to vent and report a very underwhelming experience: I called the number listed on their website. It was about 4pm their time and I was calling to ask about upgrades and some suggestions for a personal matter. Well they told me they would email me the price list and almost hang up on me in less than 3 minutes. I didn't get to ask the second question I had even though I had explicitly mentioned I have a couple of questions - and there was no "May I help you with anything else?" at the end. Oh, and no email was ever received. I will contact them again over email this time, but I was very unimpressed with this interaction.
1. No way around it. Govt requirement. Most email is encrypted thesedays so you only have to worry about what happens after they open it but they will keep a copy on their system anyway so.....

2. Never heard of that happening. Who did you speak to in reservations?

I doubt if Hilton would really debit JHIN's CC for any substantial amount. I guess he'd just lose the points. Let us know how you get on, JHIN.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 13, 2017 at 11:56 am Reason: Consolidation.