FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:53 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Good morning,

Last week I flew YYC-MSP-BOS on DL. I booked a first class fare on delta.com, which showed as "First Class (P)" on my receipt. Flight was originally booked YYC-SEA-BOS, however I did a same-day confirmed change to the routing via MSP; that receipt showed "First Class (F)".

Miles posted to my account at 75% of the full earning rate, and no class of service bonus. I'm guessing that there was an underlying Delta fare basis in the H/Q/K category that Delta reported to Alaska... but is this correct? I was expecting 200% miles for these flights... and thus credited them to AS. If you book in First, you can still get economy miles?

This wasn't a post-purchase upgrade, but rather a purchased first class fare, albeit nonrefundable.

Thanks.
I'm thinking it was some sort of Y-up type fare where the underlying fare basis is coach but books into F. Looking at a sample for March on same route P has underlying fare of H. Id suggest contacting AS.

I'm not sure if this is an unintended hiccup due to whatever config changes were made to accommodate Economy-Comfort W (which credits based on underlying fare and not W that it books into)