Old Jan 4, 17, 5:59 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Estratos View Post
My inbound flights by Alitalia were cancelled earlier, leaving the outbound intact. However yesterday I received an email from Korean Air informing me about changes in my schedule (of the refunded trip) and it turns out I got confirmed flights (both inbound and outbound, with new PNR) with changed route and changed airlines for inbound flights (all in Business). No idea why and what's going on.
You really don't have any intact flights.

The way these tickets were altered was unorthodox, and it appears via various channels - including via KE's internal systems (see earlier similar reports of KE confirmations of schedule changes to cancelled tickets) - that some sectors are still "intact".

However, there is no e-ticket to "support" these sectors, so if you actually tried to check-in for these sectors, it would be impossible.

Unless, that is, you can determine that there *is* a new e-ticket number, generated by Alitalia and not communicated by them, for which these sectors remain confirmed.

But trust me - Alitalia have ensured that there is no such e-ticket.

You may find the new e-ticket number reported on the credit card account statement, and if you look it up on Saudia's website, you will see that these KE flights were not part of the ticket. And if you look up the "original" e-ticket number via the same manner, you will see that the original ticket has had its coupons exchanged/refunded - so there actually is no e-ticket number to support these phantom KE sectors.

Anyone who has received money back on any of these tickets will NOT be flying any part of those tickets, even if they can see some sectors still apparently being "intact" after the refund on any website or via any other means.

Anyone who has not received or requested a refund, will not be able to fly anything other than the DUS-FCO-FLR or FLR-FCO-DUS ticket that they have substituted in for the original, regardless of whether they can see some or all of the sectors of the original booking as apparently being "intact" via any means other than directly on the www.alitalia.com website.