FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:33 am
sandyph

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Aeran
I have a friend at CardUp and asked for more information on it. Here is what they shared:

1. Some banks count the spend as online: The UOB PPV currently gives 4 miles / S$ and OCBC cards also count as online spend. However, DBS does not count it as online. Hope the banks don't change this as others have mentioned...

2. They're launching a "first payment for free" promo for new users next week for the first 300 redemptions, capped at a charge of $5k SGD. Should start on Monday.

3. They'll have regular promotions with lower fees. There should be one for income tax in 2017.

4. They have more local than expat customers at the moment. The locals usually use it for condo maintenance fees to MSCTs and insurance premiums to all major insurance companies.

5. Regarding the scenario of them going out of business, all funds are held in trust for customers in a completely separate trust account to the company's operating account, so payments are essentially passed straight through.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it out myself yet as I don't incur any of the above fees. Though if the UOB PPV still counts as online come tax season I'll give it a shot!
one question, so technically you can pay yourself (put in your bank account as the payee) ?

or will they check the account name (you can use your spouse account) ?