FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2017 thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:15 pm
WickedStepMother

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Yesterday Mr WSM and I flew home from a Christmas break in Malta. We arrived at the airport before the BA check-in desks were announced, so we waited and speculated which other waiting passengers (including a large tour group) were going to surge forward once the desk numbers appeared on the board.

When the desks finally opened there were two queueing lanes - one for business class and one for economy. We had only one person ahead of us in the business class lane and the large tour group joined the economy lane to our right.

While we were waiting for the desk staff to start calling people forward, a chap arrived at the front of the empty lane to our left and looked like he was planning to jump the queue. Mr WSM was having none of that and loudly pointed out the two BA lanes. PotentialQueueJumper ducked under the barrier and joined our queue a few places back. Not quite DYKWIA behaviour by Mr WSM - more WT*DYTYA.

On the plane PotentialQueueJumper was sitting right behind me, perfectly placed to witness my first ever Gold greeting from the CSM!

DYKWIA?