FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDB (Pre Denied Boarding)
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:24 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Often1
I see this fairly frequently. Call it PSDC (Proactive SDC) if you will. No VDB, but other than on FT, most people value their time and are pretty happy to get home early. Calling people the day before sometimes happens at international gateways when DL or other carriers know that they will have an overflow of misconnects.

The bag issue has nothing to do with security It has already been loaded so it won't be arriving until later and DL doesn't want to go through the mess of delivering your bag (and you don't want to stand around a line at the baggage office reporting the bag and then waiting for its delivery at home/office).
This happened to me in HSV in mid November. Flying HSV-ATL-LAX. The HSV GA was walking around soliciting folks to take the earlier HSV-ATL flight, which still had a few open seats.

I accepted the offer, as my scheduled itinerary had a 50 minute layover in ATL and many of the morning flights from HSV push and park due to ATC (flow control) in ATL. I had a checked bag, which was not a problem.

And sure enough, even on the earlier flight, we pushed and parked for 30 minutes. But that ate into my new two hour layover instead of my 50 minute layover.

So I guess perhaps I denied some worthy FT road warrior a shot at a VDB jackpot. Sorry about that.

David