FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:21 am
lds89

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
I actually finally made it on 1/2/17 (local HKG time, I guess 1/1/16 US evening) while on a flight from PEN-HKG as part of a PEN-HKG-SFO J fare. I was Plat before the flight but was EXP after I landed. The last 2016 flights to put me over were on JAL on 12/27 but only reported by AA on 1/1.

The reason I was checking so closely was to try the F lounges in HKG, but they wouldn't budge since their systems still showed me as Sapphire. 1 lounge called AA but gave up after being on hold.

How long does the Emerald status take to show up on partner airlines? A few days?
I've found that as soon as the new status posts on AA you can access the new EXP card through the AA app and use the virtual card in your phone's wallet to get into lounges. Won't always work if it hasn't updated in the other company's system (usually takes a few days) but I've had no trouble using this method in the past with the agent using the electronic credential as proof of eligibility for entry