FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:26 pm
lumangoy

Originally Posted by Happy
Then your area's CVS store must be using a completely different system to keep check of the daily limit.

Even the Wiki said it is $1K per store, and $2K per system-wide, in a rolling 24 hours period.

In my area the rolling 24 hours actually are more like 26 hours as I found the system rejected my ID at the 25.5 hrs more than once. Also on one occasion the system rejected the 2nd $500 and spit out a chit "daily limit reach" when this was the 2nd $500 buy attempted at the same store and passed the previous buy by more than 24 hours. It has happened in 2 other area stores so I come to the conclusion that here I need to wait 26 hours from previous buy just to make sure no hiccup.

On top of that, CVS POS here limit a total of 6 swipes. The transaction cannot be finished, not even paying cash, if after 6 swipe there is still a balance. Learned this a few days ago when trying to use up balances on various cards buying foods on sale.

Look at the full site, someone posed a receipt buying 4 VGCs in one transaction.

Your store is the anomaly that only allows 1k.