Old Jan 2, 17, 7:44 pm
TarHeelAlum

Programs: UA, AA
Flew in first from LAX to HNL on 1/1 on UA 1170. Dinner was very similar to my flight out on 12/23 from HNL to IAD. Standard PDB and initial beverage and nuts once airborne; very nice view of the sun setting over the Pacific tonight. Salad was kinda lite on lettuce this time; it had one leaf along with some beets, mandarin oranges, cheese, and balsamic dressing. Bread was a dinner roll - no choices presented. The options for mains were: beef with hoisin (my choice; same as my previous flight), chicken tamale, and butternut squash ravioli. Beef was good again, and I really like the sauce and sides (wasabi grits and sautéed peppers). Not sure if some of the novelty had worn off or not; but I liked it on the 12/23 flight better. Still it was a good choice. Apologies for the quality of the picture below; I had already had a few bites of the beef before I remembered to take a picture. Dessert was chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate sauce. Warm cookie served about 45 minutes before landing. Overall a good flight with great service. The plane certainly wasn't as nice as the one to IAD, but it got us there safely. Still, it's a good reminder of why I try and get the lie flat seats when possible.

Last edited by TarHeelAlum; Jan 3, 17 at 8:28 am Reason: typo