Old Jan 2, 17, 1:05 pm
ehallison

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90 View Post
Glad someone made this thread. I can't say I was shocked when I heard the news but I was very upset because I had just previously purchased 30,000 spg points the day before to get the travel package deal to get CP. I had also recently signed up for the Marriott card with this in mind too. Now I'm stuck with how I want to use about 60,000 spg points and 85,000 marriott points. Anyone have any good ideas outside the travel package?
Why not use them for hotel stays for which the 5th night is free? Everyone touts that vacation packages are a better value because the air add-on is point-for-point, and Southwest points (& other air miles) are worth twice as much as Marriott points. But my husband and I are always hotel-point poor and airline-mile rich. (of course we will have a higher burn-rate for air miles now that the legacy carriers have gutted the earning for flights. But I'm still planning on using our Marriott points for otherwise expensive hotel stays.)