FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:26 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could you specify what your 'A' and 'B' are? I'm really surprised as on my routes (e.g. GVA, NCE, BCN, AMS, etc) , U2 typically goes for the 'business' times which are not remotely ridiculous, and it is only on mid-morning and mid-afternoon that they have fewer frequencies. They also allow me to return on earlier flights for free (on the cheapest fares) if I arrive early at the airport and they have seats.

PS: and yes, indeed, nobody prevents me from flying U2, just like nobody prevents you from flying BA, nor anyone prevents Mr X or Ms Y from flying SU or ET or SV - we (mostly) all have choice and we (mostly) all use it. And as previously mentioned, most of us do not choose on one thing but on the whole proposition but I don't want to make that point again.
If Easyjet suits your needs please fly with it. You often ask why would people choose (what you say is) a more expensive BA rather than a low cost carrier (the still full service BA is cheaper on my usual route than the BoB PS). I do not have an answer to that question. Not everyone flies to eat a sandwich. People make their decisions for a variety of reasons. I pointed out many times that I aways choose convenience over food as I never associate flying with food. Millions of other people who fly former full service airlines also have their reasons to do so. You choose to ignore that and claim that the higher price can only be charged for food. I disagree. I pay the higher price for what suits my needs. As I said, millions of other passengers do the same. I can explain why I do that but I cannot explain why these millions of people pay the higher price to fly no frills airlines. But it does not matter. The fact is that they do. And the fact is that food plays no role in their decision. You mentioned in one of your posts earlier that you googled the prices from Kiev to London and PS was cheaper than BA on certain dates and this is why people choose to fly with it, but then it refutes your point that there are people who want to pay the premium to fly a full service airline. People (or at least the majority of people) do not want to pay that premium because that do not need to constantly chew on something. And I certainly pay more to fly PS than I do to fly BA. Just for the fact.

Last edited by Andriyko; Jan 1, 2017 at 11:34 pm