FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 AA EQD Run
Thread: 2017 AA EQD Run
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:33 pm
E55

Feels like Feb 1, 2018 will be the threshold after-which top status will feel more exclusive. The complexity/newness of EQD alone will weed out flyers who would otherwise have qualified.

Originally Posted by techoin
may be I did not state myself correctly

If you are flying AA metal
1. Unless you are paying upwards of 10cpm you wont make the desired EQD with reasonable flying...no way I am paying that for economy.
2. if you fly J, status is worthless in most cases..lets keep IRROPS aside.

If you are flying partners, it's clear that unless you fly PE/J, there are no sweet spots so where will I use the status?

for other posters who mentioned it's loophole whereby partner J earn lot higher EQD, to me it seems by design...overall AA wants you to pay higher for their metal and choose partner premium fares where AA does not fly

I mean those ex-CMB and ex-CAI cheap fares are there for reason ..they dont sell..now we plan to fill them to get the status which does not guarantee anything...not sure if I am missing anything...I am not convinved

yeah..if you find cheap <5 cpm premium fare to the destination you want to go just hope on...status will be added benefit but I don't see a point of going out of way for that