FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation - Fog, Delays, Bags
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:11 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can only join in the dawn chorus about EC261. There is a specific thread for the topic in the Dashboard but unless there was a unique complicating factor which wasn't weather related, I doubt anyone will be seeing any compensation for the recent events.

Some insurance policies offer small payments for extended delays, I guess to make life a bit more comfortable, but the reality is with over 200 cancellations yesterday it was always going to be a rotten day for flying. LHR gets fog from time to time, usually it burns off by about 10 hrs, and the earlier hours aren't so busy anyway, but if the fog persists beyond that then it's going to be difficult. If there are extended baggage delays at LHR, LGW or LCY, check at the BA desk, they may well be offering next day delivery by courier, though at this time of year it may take a couple of days.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences. When you get a moment by all means tell us of your 747 experience from Paris, some of us would be intrigued.