FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Held Reservation Canceled
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:59 pm
dciolli

Programs: AA EXP
I talked with Web Services, and they confirmed the IP Address as mine. I also validated the time with my browser history. They reiterated that this wasn't automatically canceled by their system.

As I talked with them through the clicks I made, I remembered there was an issue with the reservation. When I checked my list of trips, this itinerary wasn't showing up. I found this odd since every other time I've held a reservation in the past (along with a dummy reservation I made yesterday), it shows up in My Trips with status of "Held through xx/xx/xx".

At that point, I used the Find Reservation link with my record locator. It found my itinerary and then it showed up in My Trips with status of Held. Since I thought it was fixed, I didn't think twice and proceeded to check a different record. There is no way I cancelled this as it would have prompted me to confirm my selection in the second screen. Clearly something got screwed up in their system at this point, so I recommeded they report this internally. I work in IT, and it seems lIke I stumbled across a bug.

Since the fare no longer exists, they said there is nothing they can do right now. I already found a different fare on AS out of Burbank around the same price that works better for me, so I'm not pursuing this any further with AA.

Thanks for all your help!