FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:57 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navylad
Do we think the MAN-BRE flights will also go to 2 tier?
Originally Posted by Worcester
Don't know for sure but this is run by Sun Air as a franchise and as such is not part of Cruz's writ. They run their own business and make their own decisions, if they have not offered a Club Europe yet I doubt this will change things.
I agree. Sun-Air of Scandinavia paint their planes and crew in BA colours, use the Executive Club to win some corporate contracts, use BA to publish their fares and schedules, and other than that, do their own thing. They don't even provide feed to BA mainline. It is quite a weird relationship really, it seems to be the airline equivalent of sharing a wardrobe with someone you don't really know and hardly ever see.

I don't believe that Sun-Air or Comair plan to introduce buy on board either.

In fact I don't really know Sun-Air pretend to be BA, and perhaps the relationship will be strained if Cruz wants more money out of them in exchange for the reduced-value brand he will now provide.

Originally Posted by flyingscotsman
Given that GLA/ABZ/EDI flights may run with a huge club cabin, with a high number of F/J transfer pax and full fare ticket holders, would this not translate as a bit of a disaster if all the middle seats fly empty/blocked?
It's not a disaster for BA as long as they get more money... you know the BA motto of course.