FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:27 am
david55

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Looking to stay in Spring 2017 and will be a plat equivalent in WoH, so likely no upgrades. What are the specific benefits of a club room besides the pros/cons of the room itself? Looks like the following:
  • Larger rooms, all with balconies
  • Lounge with food that isn't any better than elsewhere in the resort and a slightly higher level of alcohol.

Is there anything else that I'm missing? Is the adults-only pool available for all or just the Club tower? Any examples of what alcohol is in the club tower and in the rest of the resort (i.e. sparkling wine only in club, Tequila X in Club vs only Tequila Y at the resort, etc.)
Adults only pool is open to all... I saw an occasional child as well.

I am sorry I can't speak to the alcohol as I don't drink. I heard the same as you that there is a small bar in the lobby of the south tower that does serve a slightly better alcohol to club members.

As to the room...which to me is most important.....it is really a gamble. The north tower rooms are renovated but many do not have balconies. ( that is a deal killer to me) The south tower is not renovated but all have balconies...some, on the upper 5 floors with the best views of course, have a Jacuzzi on the balcony taking up half the floor space. ( I never used them and missed the extra space to lounge). Another factor.....noise. I found the new Hyatt configuration much more noisy down on the south end which seems to be a hub for activities and pool and beach music. So you may have the sound of partying guests along with gentling crashing waves in the South tower.

We stayed in a top floor plunge pool suite in the North Tower on our last stay which was the most amazing room ( two stories) I have ever stayed in. I liked the resort but the food was so unfortunate the entire week that we will not return.

Post #216 has a review I wrote shortly after our return.

Last edited by david55; Dec 29, 2016 at 12:08 pm