FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:03 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I guess if SK would have some "SK-Wings" construction outside of *A with a basic fare that has no EB (and *G) benefits there would be no need for this change.

But that is not how it is so they have to neglect some people. There is always some loss of customers when doing changes so who cares about those few who are willing to pay a good amount of money.
Don't assume I am in favour or defending SK for this. I don't, but I can see where they are coming from and their motivation for the changes. I can easily see this ending up as penny wise pound foolish though.

The problem in Scandinavia is that there are too few people willing to pay a good amount of money for tickets. The yields are continuing to be under pressure. SK has to do something to cull costs. In a number of airports this does make sense, but across the board it is probably a mistake.