FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:20 am
SK989

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They say the 3rd party contracts are ending, but will be replaced by *A lounges, so no change. However, most of these locations don't have a *A lounge. So unless they are back pedalling very fast their message is only true from a certain point of view.
SAS is honestly lying in the article. If you look at some destinations in the Nordic/Baltic region SAS passengers in Plus or with EBG/EBD status will have no lounge access at all from 2017. Why? Well, there are no Star Alliance lounges there and SAS will not offer lounge access to the lounges that do exist to their premium passengers any more - to save money. It's not small destinations we are talking about either: TLL, RIX, VNO, KEF to mention some. TLL for example has up to 7 daily departures with SAS.

The corporate bs from SAS about "improving the travel experience" does not fly with me. SAS is cutting costs, devaluating their Plus product without lowering the price or offering something better. They are not fooling me nor many others I hope.