FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: SJC-BOS $268-274 r/t (~4.3cpm) [for those who may need that end-of year MR]
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:43 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by twizz71
Appreciate the response my friend! Unfortunately, I was already on a pre-committed trip 17th-23rd -- working on options for next week.

Current count is approx 15.5k EQMs needed. Would love to find a sub $1k fare on an overseas turnaround (asia/europe) where I can apply 2 SWUs for upgrades and be super comfortable. Can't seem to find any good segments and I'm not versed on searching codeshare stuff.
Originally Posted by n923la
I'm in the same boat. About 15.5K EQMs short. Is it even worth it at this point? I've never reached EXP before.
With one week left, there aren't many options. I was able to find this for $1,008 that should easily get you over 15.5k EQM. Accounting for the fact that the JL flight only earns 0.5EQM, it's about 5.8cpm -- so not terrible.

12/26: PHL-DFW-PVG
12/28: SHA-HND-LAX-BOS

It does require an overnight in Shanghai, and leaves from PHL and returns into BOS (note also that the outbound is to Pudong and the inbound is from Hongqiao). No visa is required. I would book quickly since this is leaving tomorrow.

To replicate on AA.com, use multi-city search, search PHL-PVG and SHA-BOS, and search by schedule.

I haven't done a thorough search, so there might be something better if one spends the time -- but at this point, not sure there's a lot of time. Flying on Christmas would probably have been cheaper.

Happy holidays -- and good luck!
Attached Images