FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:09 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gregillinois
This thread was somewhat helpful (and depressing) going to Machu Pichu from Montana. Going down 0 business saver on AA- ever. I called and said LAN goes a lot form LA but found out LAN releases maybe 1 business saver per month which was less than helpful on an anniversary trip. So we booked an economy which includes a long layover in Dallas and a dreaded 9 hour flight to Lima which every seat guru comment was bad. In fairness to American we found business saver back but only from Quito and only if you searched every day using the 331 day guide. Seats would pop up and be gone within 24 hours- it is possible but quite time consuming and includes a nasty Miami layover.
I would check the IAD-LIM route on LAN. Back in May when I was booking Machu Picchu tickets, that route often had 7 saver seats in J on the days it operates (it doesn't operate every day). The other route to look at is MEX-LIM, but that will require going through customs in MEX (so a little bit of a hassle).