FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas & New Year in the Philippines flying TK Business Class
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:56 pm
thefilipinotraveler

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver

Stayed in the SAS Gold Lounge where they had very good food selection including lax, tomato soup, meatballs, ricesalad with vegetables, spicy tuna, etc.

Saw this ad: The New Volvo S90 on the way to the boarding gate

We were about 15 mins delayed departing from Arlanda but still okay for us as we don't have a tight connection in Istanbul. Food was very good specially the salmon I've flown TK several times and they seem to offer this menu often

For my main course, I had the beef which was tender Mike had the fish which accdg to him tasted very good as well

A bit of detour before landing in Istanbul

Even if we had a delay from Stockholm, we still landed as scheduled, 11:05pm and parked beside the Turkmenistan airways plane It's not very often I see planes from such airline so it was cool

We are here now in TK Istanbul Lounge and would be boarding in 30 mins.

I have to say I'm really excited to be back in the Philippines for a lot of reasons:
-to celebrate the holidays at home
-to see the aesthetical improvement at NAIA T1 which TK uses. I know it has been voted the world's worst airport time and time again (how I wish TK uses T3 so we could visit the gorgeous SQ Lounge)
-celebrate New Year in Boracay which is voted as the best island in the world accdg to the readers of Conde Nast Traveler
-to see how it is for tourists to travel to a land where the President is very much in the news right now for his war on drugs.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Dec 29, 2016 at 9:12 pm