FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:12 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I was going back and forth with Hertz on Twitter about the Ultimate Choice qualification, and this is what they're telling me:

The class you rented still controls what you're allowed to rent, even within the 5* and PC areas. You CAN'T just choose anything from the PC area if you're a PC.

Using a PC member as an example:

*Book Economy (A) or Compact (B): Choose any A or B car in the PC area, or the general compact area.

*Book Intermediate (C): Choose any C or D car in the PC area, or the general midsize area. Choosing anything above a D (including an F, G, or SUV) will require an upgrade fee.

*Book Fullsize (F): Choose anything F or below in the PC area. Choosing anything above an F (including a G, or SUV) will require an upgrade fee.

Now, if this is true, then Ultimate Choice is a LOT more restrictive than Gold Choice. Also, this basically makes the PC one-class upgrade a cap, rather than a floor. The days of "I booked F, but hey, there's an Impala/Grand Cherokee/Maxima in my Carfirmation" would be over.
I call baloney. This is not how it's advertised and not what is being presented to people when they book at an Ultimate Choice location. As well, I personally was not charged an upgrade fee taking a class G off the PC line on a class C reservation.

Whoever has the password to the Hertz Twitter account is clearly unfamiliar with their own product.