FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 AA EQD Run
Thread: 2017 AA EQD Run
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:32 pm
bhomburg

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
It is technically possible, though honestly I don't think it should be a huge concern for the airline generally given that part of it is from the credit card deal they're pushing themselves, and the rest involves some pretty creative flying, many times having to start very remotely, so I don't think it will be widespread.

I am looking forward to my flights quite a bit, but I seriously doubt there will be crowds of people willing to position to SE Asia/India, then try to transit CAI in 2 hrs....
I`m based in Europe and can easily achieve this flying to Asia and Oceania on AA partners in discount PE and discount J without any 'creative flying' involved apart from the occasional detour via AKL to rack up more miles and calling in to upfare itineraries from "I" to "D" for double the EQD with a minimal fare difference.
Also, some clever juggling of partners on DONEx tickets (hint: check which airline earns 40% EQD on D fares...) can provide really high EQD value, making these tickets even more attractive than they have been in the past.