FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HNL or BUST (or elsewhere)
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:02 am
SWISSBOBBY

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
BA 733 GVA - LHR

The flight was full, and boarding was done efficiently and allowed us to all seated and ready to go 8 minutes early. The airport was not too busy and it we were soon at the end of runway 05 and took off up through the mist and up over the Jura mountains as we turned left for London.

The afternoon tea service started with Nick the CSM looking after the whole Club Europe cabin on his own. The sandwiches were good but just no enough however Nick managed to find me a second plate. The bubbles and tea flowed as we made our way north. As we approached Paris I could see a new weather front ahead and right enough we hit more than a mild chop as we moved from on air mass to the next.

The captain even came over the PA and explained the reasons for the turbulence.
The crew gave an absolutely first class service. Throughout all addressed by name, frequent top ups, always present in the cabin. It was great.

When we did get London 10 minutes to landing was announced just as we crossed the M25, I did think this was all going to come apart when we arrive at LHR as there will never be a parking place for us 30 ahead of schedule.

Landing 30 minutes early on 27R we quickly taxied to gate A17 and parked..

Well done Nick and crew my faith in BA was restored.