FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your applause for good service thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:39 am
henry999

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Credit where credit is due: Thank you, QR

At the beginning of November, Mrs999 and I flew DOH-TXL as part of a DONE5. We then 'parked' the RTW and flew off on several separate tickets. The day after leaving Berlin, herself noticed that she had apparently left her knitting-bag behind on the QR bird. There was no bank-breaking value in the yarn, no, but she had invested more than a few hours of careful attention in the current project: a new pullover for me.

Well, I looked at the QR website to see if I could find a phone number to call and learned instead that there is an established, online, lost-and-found procedure. I filled in the form and a day or two later -- mirabile dictu -- we received a reply that they had found it.

The next potential problem was that we weren't due to return to Berlin, to resume the DONE5, until late December, some six or seven weeks later. They (QR TXL) said that we could collect the 'lost property' then. And to make a long story short -- we just did. They really had kept it for us. We sent them a reminder a couple of days before we returned to TXL, for our next QR flight back to DOH. When we got there, Mrs999 was absolutely THRILLED that she got her work back.

The system works. Thank you, QR TXL ground staff. Viel Dank.