Thread: 2017 AA EQD Run
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:17 pm
CruisingAltitude47

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
This is definitely going to be part of my strategy for next year. It's just a matter of shifting the runs from AA to partners in discount J, which is honestly way more fun.

Have booked:

QR J- CMB-DOH-BOS RT, but outbound in Feb, return in June. Positioning one way with AA to KUL, then hopping over to CMB. Positioning the other way (to get home) are some more high EQD flights on the cheap- QR J CMB-DOH-CAI, booked into D and A class, and then CAI-DOH-IAH booked into A and then D class. All this nets around 54,000EQM, 75,000 RDM, and over 7,000 EQD. Total actual spend, sub- 3k. Plus, all in all a super comfortable couple of trips with some 24- 8 hr stopovers and great lounges. Put together with spending 25k on the Aviator, and that should do it easily for my year.

Going forward, I'm looking at:

-More discount QR J fares.
-BA and CX PE fares.
-AA vacations- either medium length in J, or long haul in Y (10% isn't bad still).

Did a bit of a write up a few weeks ago, in case it's helpful for anyone: http://cruisingaltitude42.blogspot.c...age-style.html

(Note, I don't earn from this site/blog. Just posting since it's relevant)