FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - disappointed in spg plat customer service
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:49 pm
arthur -- flyer wanna be

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
disappointed in spg plat customer service

i was trying to book a night for my upcoming family vacation and was trying to figure out which of the spg's in kiroro would be able to give my family of 5 adults the best experience. to do so, i contacted SPG plat customer service since neither hotels had email addresses listed on the website.

less than 24 hours ago, many of the options that were previously able to be booked online are no longer available. this is one instance where i feel like by contacting SPG customer service, it caused the hotels to remove available options and made booking less accessible. (it wasn't as if the options were booked, they were removed from all dates across the board)

regarding other options such as ski packages and traditional japanese ryokan dinner, SPG essentially told me to contact the hotel directly, which basically meant they were of zero assistance to me. as a 9th year spg plat member, this was the first and probably the last time i try to use the platinum service. very very disappointed with the 'platinum' level of service provided. now instead of looking to book the deluxe suite for my family, i will probably opt for the most affordable options and basically write off this night of our trip as a 'live and learn' moment, to NOT contact SPG plat service, and that i should have booked the room first and then ask questions (i was in between airports/delays/transfers)

Last edited by arthur -- flyer wanna be; Dec 19, 2016 at 8:59 pm Reason: for accuracy