FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gay Paris 2016
Thread: Gay Paris 2016
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:02 am
carlosdca

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by woodford02A
Heading to Paris the last week of December with my partner and hoping for some recommendations for any 'must-see', 'must-do' gay things.

Also hoping to have some recommendations for any gay bar, cafe or restaurants. Like the scene and good people watching.

We are staying in the northern part of Mararis, just beside the République metro, if it helps.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the weather will probably be on the cold side and street life will be less busy than usual.
However, the Xmas markets will be jam packed and there is your best chance to people watch during this time of the year (google "christmas markets paris", tons of info on line)

I wouldn't be looking for "gay" restaurants or cafes in the Marais. Any cafe or restaurant will be gay welcoming even if they don't have a flag outside or are labeled "gay friendly".

Most bars are south of where you are (Republique), Rambuteau Metro Station is closer to one of the bars cluster.

Lots of places on or around Rue St-Croix Bretonnerie between Rue de Renard and Rue Vieille du Temple. Just walk around and explore the area. I don't think there is a "gay must do" in Paris (other than the typical mainstream sights which can be very gay in themselves)
But keep in mind that most locals are on vacation and it can be rather slow at the end of December for gay nightlife.

Last edited by carlosdca; Dec 19, 2016 at 9:11 am