FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Buganvilias Resort All Inclusive $102-$128
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:52 pm
boxo

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nawlins
Despite your warnings I arrived yesterday at 7pm at the Sheraton Buganvillas hotel. I booked the all inclusive and received a BRG confirming room and all inclusive. When I arrived "their" system showed room only. All inclusive will be an additional $99 per night. Spoke to reception supervisor and on duty manager even showing them the confirmations. No its $99 extra. Period. Was basically told that I need to call SPG if I want to sort it out. Hour and 45 minutes later still at front desk with the less than concerned reception staff. Not their problem. Did open a customer service file. Have not heard back.
Last time I had a service issue with Starwood Hotels was over 100 nights ago when water was leaking in through the ceiling at the Westin Siray Bay in Phuket. The hotel handled the issue perfectly.
Yesterday I discussed 6 separate service issues including having non working AC with two maintenance men in my room working above the ceiling at 1 AM. Not a word yet from the hotel
Something similar happened to me a few years back, but in my case, the SJU hotel charged my credit card an additional amount (iirc, ~$1,800) weeks after I was home. I immediately filed a dispute with AmEx, submitted copies of my prepaid reservation confirmation and the folio I received at check-out. The charge was removed and that was the end of it.

And I also stayed at Sheraton Bouganvillias on the $18/nt deal two years ago. I can't recall my check-in experience, so it must have been okay. My only issue was the stay never posted. At $18+ per night, I decided not to pursue the handful of points. I enjoyed my stay, and the lounge and housekeeping staff were particularly helpful and kind.

Good luck and please keep us posted.