FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:25 pm
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I guess it will expand to the right side as you look at it. Can't remember whats there, is it the old AZ lounge?

Any gossip on any major changes?
Well, since the Lufthansa lounge (immediately to the left as you look) has been closed for a while (and no work seems to be going on) maybe they're just taking over that space? The signs outside the LH one say that "a new, improved lounge is coming soon" but who knows...

For sure the harmonised security will be a great improvement and should make it easier using the A3 lounge when travelling from the A gates. It will also be great for B-Gate connections. Often I have just 20 to 30 minutes between flights (getting off the bus to beginning boarding) and I hate having to go out and then back through security again (although it's usually quite a smooth process).

Has anyone considered that they might completely switch things around? They are woefully short of gates so maybe all the non-Schengen flights could be moved to the remote pier leaving the entire main terminal area for Schengen.

In any case it'll be a great improvement. They had WAY too many checkin desks anyway.