FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:02 pm
roadracer

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
I think their retrofit of the 77W is complete. They also have the same seats for the A330 for transcon domestic routes, it's great.
Yes, I flew SYD-PER last year in J on the retrofitted A330 with very private lie-flat seats, personalized table setting (they lay out the flatware for you), wine that you don't need to choke down, and of course brilliant service. I don't think you can get better domestic service anywhere else in the world.

I've also flown J on their domestic 737 (2-2 business class recliner seats) on six segments in the last two years, and the service has been solid every time.

The VA domestic lounges will easily blow away most International MLLs... I would say they are close to the FRA MLL.

Finally, VA business class has a private airport terminal entrance in SYD and BNE with your own check-in area and dedicated security screening. Once you leave security, you enter directly into the lounge. It's as close as you can get to the FRA FCT experience without dropping $15,000 on a flight.