FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC and Virgin Australia in codeshare for Australia, NZ
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:42 pm
keitherson

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, because VA's 2-3-2 J config is so much superior to AC's pod config.

To be fair, VA is a very good airline, and it is in the process of upgrading their J product and installing pods on all longhaul aircrafts - and I'm quite happy about the AC-VA partnership. But why bash AC at every opportunity?
I think their retrofit of the 77W is complete. They also have the same seats for the A330 for transcon domestic routes, it's great.

Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
I selfishly hope this allows velocity rewards bookings via the VA website to 'other' Canadian cities such as Winnipeg. At the moment, only Vancouver shows... This is even though Delta flies to Winnipeg and other cities...

Right now I can earn points on BNE-YWG by booking on the delta website and flying on VA from BNE-LAX and then DL from LAX-MSP-YWG, but I can't redeem this route using velocity points. I can only redeem as far as MSP.

Hopefully now I can redeem BNE-YVR-YWG, that would be awesome! It avoids the USA altogether!
But you would be flying AC, lol. If in Y, no big deal both products are similar.