FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton "Go Out" Gay Rates... Experiences for Straights?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:07 pm
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Hilton "Go Out" Gay Rates... Experiences for Straights?

I needed a room next month in Las Vegas, and see that - by far - the best rate outside of a non-cancellable/prepaid offer is the gay "Go Out" rate. Which, as a hetero-Diamond-MVP-TeamUSA-Government rate qualified guest, I guess I feel a little less appreciated / discriminated by.

The cancelable rate offers greater-than-Diamond benefits:

"With this value added Go Out travel package you will enjoy

Premium Wi-Fi
Complimentary one-year digital subscription to OUT magazine
Two complimentary welcome beverages
Late checkout, where and when available"

...Has anyone booked this rate and requested to not get the magazine/not gotten on mailing lists, or simply successfully gotten HHonors reservations people to just honor the offer of free wifi, free drinks, and late checkout, while matching the same rate - without signing on to the package?

I don't want to veer into the political/moral zone this topic could easily devolve into, I just want a better rate and a late check out, maybe even a complimentary soft drink upon check in.

TDM

PS: As additional non-plussedness - why, oh why, when you select "Las Vegas Strip" from the pull-down menu on hilton.com, does it go to a page where you have to clarify "The Strip, Clark County, NV" or (not) alternatively "The Strip, Clark County, NV"? (Both choices lead you to the same results). Wonky Hilton IT strikes again!