FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ADP (Paris Airport management) invests in faster border controls
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:31 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by saraoutou
Arriving at terminal 2E K I was surprised the new gates are there...

Result: Parafe (old maner) closed
"New Parafe": out of five machines one was not working ! No way (sign, light... to show that)!

For my experience: it was not faster, just less claustrofobic as , it appared to me working like this, You have to wait to be cleared "manualy" by a policier doing the face recognition and this man seemed to be realy busy managing the five gates !

On another side: no ajustement of the camera so if you are tall no so easy to use!
When did they install them? I arrived at 2E K yesterday around 5pm, they still had the old PARAFE gates.

Other than that, after many years of improvement, 2E is incresingly making sure that Paris wins back its place as a terrible place to fly from/to/through, at least when it involves border crossings.

Departure, around 9am: looooong lines in all channels at 2E, non-prio, prio, PARAFE. Out of the three PARAFE gates, two were working. The third one wasn't but no red light indicating it. The two working ones were very slow. Security: again, looong lines in 2K. I left from 2L. 11 closed lanes, 5 open lanes . One dedicated for Skypriority, one shared with non-prio, and 3 dedicated non-prio. With this entire joke setup it took me 45 minutes from taxi through security at 2L. It should take no longer than 15 or 20 minutes, even with the train.

Arrival was Kafkaesque: I and another passenger arrived in the border police arrivals hall. There was NOBODY. Not just few people, simply ZERO other passengers. The pax in front of me took a shortcut to the PARAFE instead of walking along the glass wall and then all the way back, so I just followed him. One of the ADP staff got super excited, ran to us, what we were doing, we would have to go round. He then ran to the border police offer and asked him to block the PARAFE gates, which was done. We were then not allowed to approach the border police booth situated right next to the PARAFE gates, as this was "only for PARAFE". We then had to go to the other end, where there was the only other agent working. It's really grotesque. If there had been only one other person approaching the booths or PARAFE I would have understood the little circus as we could have been accused for cutting in front of a "line". But there simply was nobody in sight.