FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:12 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
BUT, they still land up with a single ROOM, regardless of size and not a SUITE. The industry can call anything a "suite", including a room with a bathroom down the hall. People entitled to a "suite", be it junior, grand, or whatever expect what the definition of a "suite" is. Hyatt needs to make clear that a "suite upgrade" (using a DSU or points) is in fact a suite, as defined in the English language. I must say that I have used many DSU's and 6,000 point suite upgrades over many years and I have never be given less than a full suite. So I'm hoping that those of you who have received just a big room are an exception. As far as suite upgrades at check-in, they may just give you a Junior Suite and you shouldn't have higher expectations, but you can always just ask - "what kind of suite?". In many cases the location of the room you've already been assigned might be better than the upgrade.
That isn't going to happen. You will get whatever the property calls an entry level "suite." If you aren't happy with a Junior suite at some properties, you are free to use your suite upgrades elsewhere or not at all.