FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:44 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Fifteen years ago I was flying with my then five year old niece to Orlando. I had no status and didn't know any tricks of the trade. Another passenger came aboard with a BP for my seat. An FA with lipstick on her teeth told me to get out of the seat. I went towards the entry door. She told me to go talk to the GA, but another FA realized the five year old would be left on the plane. She sprang up to where we were, grabbed my arm and told me not to get off the plane. She explained that the first FA was trying to get me off the plane so they could shut the door. The two FAs argued. The bad FA mentioned the gentleman was GM and I had no status. The good FA said as long as she was holding me the plane couldn't take off. The GA came on the plane, offered a few hundred dollars for someone to get off the plane, the other guy went to the now open seat and the plane took off.
That was lucky for you, and I guess the lesson here is don't get off the plane.