FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:25 pm
chevy454

Originally Posted by Bagira
DP for 5/24 rule.

Got a mail with 50K United offer with no code, but saying that i need to apply from my United account. Checked Chase pre-qualify tool and did not see any offers available. Went to Chase branch and asked to check if I was pre-approved, which I was. Submitted an application in branch and it went to pending status requiring chase branch employer to call. He called credit card department (i guess) while I was siting right in front of him and they asked him a few questions. I heard him saying something like " yes, she is completely authenticated".Then the person on other other side of the line put us on hold for about 5 min and after that got back with the reply "Approved!". I have 7/24, with CSP being opened only in September (2.5 months from united application) and the most recent credit card approval for Amex being in November, which is 1 month prior to United application. My credit score is in 720s, I am not a CPC and have less than 2 years of credit history in general.

So don't be shy to go to the branch and check, it really helps, like in my case
My wife got these same mailings, one back in October-ish, one just yesterday; she was denied back in October [she's exactly 5/24], no offers show up in her online profile, but the nearest chase branch is 229.49 miles away so I guess we're stuck. I kicked around having her apply again using this mailer just to see what happens, but one of her cards comes off the end of January so I was kicking around waiting and going CF/CSP/CSR/etc...