FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:10 pm
Bagira

DP for 5/24 rule.

Got a mail with 50K United offer with no code, but saying that i need to apply from my United account. Checked Chase pre-qualify tool and did not see any offers available. Went to Chase branch and asked to check if I was pre-approved, which I was. Submitted an application in branch and it went to pending status requiring chase branch employer to call. He called credit card department (i guess) while I was siting right in front of him and they asked him a few questions. I heard him saying something like " yes, she is completely authenticated".Then the person on other other side of the line put us on hold for about 5 min and after that got back with the reply "Approved!". I have 7/24, with CSP being opened only in September (2.5 months from united application) and the most recent credit card approval for Amex being in November, which is 1 month prior to United application. My credit score is in 720s, I am not a CPC and have less than 2 years of credit history in general.

So don't be shy to go to the branch and check, it really helps, like in my case