FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA
Old Apr 22, 2004, 3:29 pm
MSP Flyer

Programs: NW Platinum Elite * UA Premier * Marriott Platinum * Hertz #1Gold Five Star
MSP Flyer

I stayed there (on a TZO Travel Zoo rate of $69) last summer for 4 nights - and had a acceptable but not great experience. I had booked at $179 before I found that rate on flyertalk.com - thank goodness. It was worth $70/nt - not $179/nt!

I am Plat and got my Plat gift and access to the conc lounge - although I did not get an upgrade nor did I get a room on the conc floor.

The only issue for me - the Conc Lounge is a h&ll of a long walk. Once you get off the elevator - it is down a long hall way, another long hallway and yet another - all without any large signage. I just wandered around on that floor to find it. It is a very large hotel and now that I think about it - I am surprised there weren't rooms on that Conc floor. In any case - the Lounge was only ok. The evening apps weren't restocked (at 6.15p) - what ever they put out at 5pm apparently was it. There were several of us scrounging around. Then they were rude when I asked about a beverage. The breakfast also was mediocre. Again, I was there early (6.45) and it was very full, no place to sit (in a very large lounge) and again - already running out of food.

The issue is partially access - if everyone on the Conc Flr has access, including Gold and Plat (which in a large city - prob quite a few) - the lounge isn't run well and this shows. They should have lots of food, several people cleaning tables/restocking etc and plenty of eating space.

As for the area - there are quite a few rest and places around - including the great Farmers Market area - but that closes at 5.30 I think. The area is kinda urban - kind of scary - but ok. All in all - average - but I certainly would consider somewhere else if it was better $ or location.