FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New search for largest personal item - CRJ-200 friendly
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:28 pm
eeflyer

Originally Posted by synergistic
Thank you for these responses. I may well have to give up on the wheels, but I'm not yet willing to. I still hope to find something to hitch a backpack to - I'm interested in the Tristar or perhaps a goruck. If I give up on wheels for my personal item, I'll have to go with a larger wheeled carryon, which I'd hoped to avoid. I'm unwilling to carry a bag that can't be rolled or worn as a backpack, just not an option for me.

The Western Flyer is also technically too big (18") but I've found backpacks rarely get sized or pulled at the gate. If I can't find anything that meets my current requirements, I'm pretty sure a Western Flyer and some larger wheeled option would be my backup.

I'm slowly selling myself on the Bric's... The two pockets will make it easy (and less embarrassing!) to pull out my laptop and liquids at airports without precheck. Carried by hand, it will rarely if ever be taken from me at the gate. It is respectable enough looking that it will serve as a briefcase upon my arrival.

Still hoping for more options...
This is a really interesting thread, I've been thinking about a bag in this ballpark as well, but gave up.

Quick question though: you mention being interested in the Tristar but are worried about the Western flyer being too big? I thought the Tristar was bigger? For what it's worth, it also has a backpack carry option.

EDIT: Never mind, read the post more carefully. Please disregard.

Last edited by eeflyer; Dec 13, 2016 at 1:39 pm