FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy Comfort Standby - No Status
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:33 pm
NY-FLA

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by mnbp
The whole premise of the concept of an "upgrade" is that the worst seat in the upgrade class is better than the best seat in the lower class.

DL forgot this simple concept with their rollout of C+ and as a result, most times that I've observed, C+ "upgrades" don't happen because they would just piss people off.
This.

It takes a very special detachment from reality to think that a middle in C+ is better than an exit row window or aisle to the point where automoving customers is a good use of programmer resource. Have that happen once on a transcon, and you'll scrub all reservations to remove any possibility of that auto C + on any equipment with center seats.

OP also wants to travel standby... My experience with DL and standby is <<<< great. Flights leaving with open FC seats and SB medallions deliberately not upgraded; SB held, until all off duty, non-rev crew are upgraded to fill the FC cabin, then SB cleared; SB cleared into worst available seat on the plane, then non-revs cleared into empty rows, etc., etc.

I understand it's all about disincentivizing gamers; Just another enjoyable facet of travelling with fare bucket central airlines...