FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:32 pm
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by diburning
Boarding a JFK-BOS flight on Sunday, the GA had a really odd process. She lined up all the people in Prem in front of and facing the gate, put the people in SKY behind us, and then lined up Group 1 next to us to the left. Since we were all facing the gate, the lines snaked out into the terminal and got in the way. Groups 2 and 3 were lined up facing the wall, snaking into the seating area. It was a mess. The aircraft was a 717, so it's not like she's boarding hundreds of people. The last time I was herded into a line for boarding, I was flying United Except United has the decency to rope off the lines. This was truly a bizarre boarding process and I never experienced this on Delta.

But that's not my DYKWIA story. I was second in line in Prem, and this guy wearing a BragTag™ (Gold medallion) around his neck looked at me (I'm a young-ish looking guy, wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers) and asked if I was in the right line, since this was "Premier." I said "Yeah, Premium." and got an eye roll. He ended up being the person sitting next to me in F on the flight
wow, around his neck?! that is really lame