FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:34 pm
turiel

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, Emirates Silver, SPG Plat
First post, and I'm trying to get my head around something that maybe you guys can help with.

EXP Flying AA mktd+operated intl flight in economy. SWU requested and am first in the upgrade list out of 9 with 2 biz class seats available (checked via AA seat availability tool).

Nothing clearing, right up to boarding announcement, when they announce no upgrades available. Tool still shows 2 seats available.

I board and since I'm directly behind the 2 avail seats, I can see that there's nobody in them. We take off, and there's still nobody.

After ascension is complete a pilot comes and takes 1 seat and puts his stuff on the other. I don't know if he was the actual pilot/co-pilot for the flight or a deadhead. He was there until about an hour before landing.

What's going on? Obviously I feel my SWU should have been honored, and this is one more thing in a year long string of negative experiences with AA, but I'm curious if this is normal/acceptable?

Last edited by turiel; Dec 11, 2016 at 9:39 pm