FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:39 am
Yellowjj

DL 372
NAS-JFK
A319

8 Dec

No gate lice to see which is always nice. One couple (no kids) with Zone 3 boarding attempted to pre-board with "families traveling with carseats" and was politely sent back. I thanked the agent upon boarding. A whopping 3 FC seats went out empty.

Does anyone know if Delta caters from here? Perhaps only alcohol?

PDB of mimosa, OJ, sparkling wine or whatever you wanted. ^ Febo followed.

Choices were Chicken wrap or Roast beef on potato salad. American potato salad in general always tastes bland and woefully unseasoned every time I've tried it on the ground so I didn't even bother with it. Apparently almost everyone else had similar thoughts. 8 of us ordered the wrap, 1 got the roast beef.

Sorry for the dark pic. Forgot flash was off. Wrap was cold but good. Cookie was like a rock.

DL 2826
JFK-SLC
B757-200

PDB and Febo followed. Choices were beef medallions or pasta perma. This flight was a comedy of sorts. The pasta was catered frozen so took over a hour+ to heat properly. By that time the people who had ordered the beef were almost done. The crew even though nice were frazzled by it all. Beef dishes were delivered first, then 5 minutes later Jeni's ice cream were plunked down on the tray. The bread came 10 minutes later and were ice cold because the oven was still being used for the pasta's. Choice of sourdough or wheat.

Beef was alright. Salt helped. Mashed potatoes were alright as well and spinach was overcooked. The tomatoes in the wedge salad were huge

Cold Sourdough Bread.