FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017: USB Travel Chargers and Power Supplies Thread
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:55 am
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hard to say without actually seeing one, but I can see so many problems with this one...

The plugs are stored in the base, but they aren't integrated. To me, that's just waiting to be lost - and when you lose one, you're without power.

Especially in the US I just can't see it holding properly in many of the power points I come across - especially with the weight of 2 phones on top of it. And that's presuming you even have a socket on the wall which frequently you don't (a desk socket would normally work - depending on space - but plugging in the phones is going to be ugly). Maybe they've fixed this problem somehow, but I just don't see how. I have this problem frequently with my Netgear Trek travel router, and it's much lighter than this+a phone would be.

The cordless phone charging won't work in some countries - even where the plugs fit. eg, China is out - it's the same plug as Australia, but upside down.

Speaking of Australia, it's almost certainly illegal to use there (as as many other of these multi-country chargers) as it has an earth socket, but no earth plug to connect it to.

And finally, it's got a blue light (2 of them!). Seriously. Nothing lights up a dark hotel room like a blue LED