FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PMU Waitlisted - 777 with 45+ BE Seats Free
Old Apr 21, 04, 9:02 pm
heckler

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by DLfan
heckler I assume you're back from Asia now. Can you fill in the blanks on this thread? Did you clear the upgrade waitlist in either direction? If so, when? I'm on DL55 on 4/29 and snagged a PMU upgrade at booking, but find myself waitlisted on the 5/8 return. Availability tool shows 39 BE seats "available". You were on a full Y and I'm on an M fare. Just curious how it worked out for you.
DLfan:

My upgrade cleared about 1.5 weeks prior to my return. Just happened - no notification or anything. I checked my itineraries online and noticed that I had been put into "Z" class, confirmed.

There were still about 26 seats free (last time I checked) before the upgrade flood gates opened. This may not mean much, as the seat map tool is very subjective - it may or may not REALLY show how many seats are really free.

Some posters on here have hinted that availbility may be greater on flights coming from another country to the US. Business is down, as is tourism and it may be harder to find people who want to pay DL's huge prices for BW seats.
If this is indeed all true (sounds good), then your upgrade chances may be strong.

Keep checking on it..