FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Houston, TX [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:31 pm
Casimir

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
I noticed today my credit card has been charged for a future stay at the St. Regis Houston. I had booked a nonprepaid rate. I checked the reservation on the website and the confirmation email, and confirmed this fact. I called, and the person said I had booked a prepaid rate. I said she was mistaken and explained the above. I was placed on hold for several minutes, then was told the manager had okayed refunding my prepaid amount, and would I like to book at current rates. So, they were acting as if they were magnanimously forgiving my error.

I said this was unacceptable because I booked a rate on their website and now I was being asked to pay more for their mistake. Magically, the current rate dropped $30/night to approximately what my initial rate was.

This experience reminds me of pressing for an upgrade I'm entitled to at an empty hotel still selling suites when I'm traveling with family. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To be fair and clear, the woman I dealt with was professional and courteous throughout. She clearly is trained not to admit mistakes, or even investigate them.

Originally Posted by jb3t
I am staying here next month and its my first stay in this hotel. I've been reading the reviews and have a few Qs.

1. Are there any other parking options in the area? Not sure a $32 valet receipt will pass the red face test on my expense report. Especially seeing its not Manhattan, but a Houston office park. I'd probably have to eat it.

2. What is the deal with the butler? Not sure I like the idea of some dude hanging out in my room.

Last edited by Casimir; Dec 8, 2016 at 10:42 am Reason: Edited out some venting on my part!