FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Annual Travel Credit (2016 - 2021)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:28 pm
rdrnnr

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Just had to phone in to giftcards.aa.com after attempting to purch a $100 AA e-gift card via their website. Reason: something about how they weren't able to verify my address, which is a PO Box. When I called, the AA phone rep mentioned added security at this time of year for cards with PO Box addresses.

This may be a Chase requirement, as I had just put through a separate $100 gift card purchase on my new AmEx Business Platinum card, which has the same PO Box address. THAT charge went through without a hitch.

The AA rep then asked me for the toll-free number for Chase off the back of my card, which I provided. She called Chase, and after a short delay, my charge was approved and put through.

Now I'm wondering whether Chase might have asked AA what the purchase was for. And if identified as a gift card, whether it'll code for for the Annual Travel Credit. Will report back with whatever I see.