FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Annual Travel Credit
Old Dec 5, 16, 7:41 am
wonderboy

Originally Posted by rxgeek View Post
My wife finally got approved for the CSR. Third time's the charm. Her first stmt closing date is 1/27/17. We were concerned about getting the travel credit for 2016 and I found advice on Dan's Deals: "People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit. It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today. You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th."
Originally Posted by glader View Post
I was approved on December 2 and got a payment due date of January 26, which means the statement date is January 1. Asked Chase rep on phone about moving statement date up a few days into late December. They said that couldn't be done and they can only move the day later, not earlier.

Was going to apply this past weekend, but based on these responses it sounds better to wait. Do you all agree?