FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Robey, Chicago, Design Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:04 pm
travelista

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Just returned from a 2-night wknd stay here. Used a free night award night #1, and then paid stay night #2.
This place is a gorgeous renovation of the office building that it previously was, i'm sure!
As a Lifetime Platinum, we got the room that was reserved and no upgrades. It's my first stay at a Design Hotel property, so I already understood that Platinum benefits are "limited", so I was prepared to not get upgraded. Platinum benefits, i believe we received: Free bottle of water per day, 500spg points I believe are automatically posted
We had the Landmark room, and it was comfortable for us.

As a brand-new hotel, there were a few minor quirks but they were minor things and I'm sure they'll get sorted out soon. Overall the location is awesome - so many great restaurants and shops in the neighborhood; and yes, the blue line was VERY convenient to get to snowy ORD today.

The 13th floor cocktail bar/lounge area was very cool. Fantastic city skyline views!

Staff was very friendly! Enjoyed meeting the GM Santiago in the elevator, and Sergio the F&B manager was super friendly and hospitable too!

The hotel is on a busy 6-way intersection, so you can hear some siren and more honking than normal (due to 6-way). The room doors to hallway aren't too soundproof, as you could hear "loud" people chatting through the hallways.

Nice Waterworks fixtures in the bathroom. ^
Great decor throughout!

This will be our go-to hotel for future Chicago visits.